D-U-H !!! Car battery down!
It was a boring Monday afternoon. There were slight rains, and the whole sky looked grey. I would've almost hit the sack when I got a call from my friend. We chatted for some time and decided to go window-shopping to Ikea, a nearby furniture store. We had some hot 'Masala Chai' and left. The car was at our disposal till evening. We set out on our shopping spree with great enthusiasm.
This was the first time I was taking my friend in our car and wanted to make sure that I drove well and confidently. I turned on the headlights since it was kinda dark and gloomy. We reached the store pretty fast. I was all excited to window-shop that I did'nt even bother to park the car within lines. We looked around the store for a couple of hours, checked out the latest furniture and had a good time. By then, it was close to 5pm. We decided to head back home. We walked upto our car and I tried turning on the engine. Lo! What happens? It simply does'nt get turned on. I got panicky and was wondering what could have gone wrong. Checked the gas indicator - No problems, it was half full. We were still trying to figure out what could've gone wrong with the car.
And then I realized, "Oh damn!!! I had'nt turned off the headlights when we got off!!!". The lights had been on for the last 2 hours and obviously, the battery had gone down. We were stranded in the drive-way and were wondering what to do. In the meanwhile, we tried asked the store guys for help. One of them offered help, but unfortunately, she did'nt have a cable to jump-start the engine. I called up Nandu and explained the situation to him. After a good 10 minute grilling, he asked me try starting the car again. No miracles. He said that he would get back to me. We were toast! We tried reading up the car manual and tried to figure out how to jump start the car battery. By then, I got Nandu's call. He said that he would come to Ikea with his friend, who luckily had a jumper.
I was feeling so bad for having parked the car oblique. Damn!! What would Nandu and his friend think of me? Bad driver? Who ever gave her the license? The nerd does'nt know how to park in between lines. Girls - Uff, the worst of drivers.. and what not.
Anand and his friend arrived in 30 mins time and we got the engine working in 2 minutes. We dropped my friend at her place and drove down to the Car mechanic's store and got the battery replaced. (Which was anyway due for the last 6 months! - I HAVE to state this otherwise I feel responsible for the whole incident!).
Anyway by the time we got everything fixed and got back home, it was 8:30 in the night. What an eventful afternoon!! One thing I fail to understand -Why do such things happen ONLY to me?!
This was the first time I was taking my friend in our car and wanted to make sure that I drove well and confidently. I turned on the headlights since it was kinda dark and gloomy. We reached the store pretty fast. I was all excited to window-shop that I did'nt even bother to park the car within lines. We looked around the store for a couple of hours, checked out the latest furniture and had a good time. By then, it was close to 5pm. We decided to head back home. We walked upto our car and I tried turning on the engine. Lo! What happens? It simply does'nt get turned on. I got panicky and was wondering what could have gone wrong. Checked the gas indicator - No problems, it was half full. We were still trying to figure out what could've gone wrong with the car.
And then I realized, "Oh damn!!! I had'nt turned off the headlights when we got off!!!". The lights had been on for the last 2 hours and obviously, the battery had gone down. We were stranded in the drive-way and were wondering what to do. In the meanwhile, we tried asked the store guys for help. One of them offered help, but unfortunately, she did'nt have a cable to jump-start the engine. I called up Nandu and explained the situation to him. After a good 10 minute grilling, he asked me try starting the car again. No miracles. He said that he would get back to me. We were toast! We tried reading up the car manual and tried to figure out how to jump start the car battery. By then, I got Nandu's call. He said that he would come to Ikea with his friend, who luckily had a jumper.
I was feeling so bad for having parked the car oblique. Damn!! What would Nandu and his friend think of me? Bad driver? Who ever gave her the license? The nerd does'nt know how to park in between lines. Girls - Uff, the worst of drivers.. and what not.
Anand and his friend arrived in 30 mins time and we got the engine working in 2 minutes. We dropped my friend at her place and drove down to the Car mechanic's store and got the battery replaced. (Which was anyway due for the last 6 months! - I HAVE to state this otherwise I feel responsible for the whole incident!).
Anyway by the time we got everything fixed and got back home, it was 8:30 in the night. What an eventful afternoon!! One thing I fail to understand -Why do such things happen ONLY to me?!
Don't ever worry..these things have happened to lotsof ppl..I personally have witnessed the same scene a few times in Lubbock. anyway....u've given me enough material to "oattify" u when I get to talk to u again...;)
hmm..phone-la koopittakka sir busy-aam... lab aam... ippo vetti thananma enooda blog-kku reply ya??? hmmmm.... ennavo ponga pa.. nalla irundha seri thaan :-)
Hello ,
Just dropped in to say hi..Howz life ...nice blog..keep writing..wat abt the mixie did u get it fixed ..or still surving without dosa..
@Siddhartha
Life is going okay.. Hows yours? Mixie hasnt been fixed yet! But have borrowed one so back to dosas! :-)
hey,
Read all ur blogs, very well written.. keep it up...
Have a nice time :)
@jaya:
Thanks babe. SO did you go thro' the links as well? ;-)