11/20/2005

Red Lobster experience

What would you do if you get $25 worth coupons for Red Lobster restaurant? I guess you would indulge in the most delicious sea food. But what if you do not eat meat? Well, this is what Nandu and I did yesterday:

It was a saturday afternoon. We decided to go out for lunch. Thats when I realized that I had coupons for Red Lobster. From the name itself, it is obvious that this is totally a sea-food cuisine. Nevertheless, we bravely went to the restaurant. The ambience was pretty good, except for the lobster-tank which had about 50 live lobsters in it. (Yuckkkk!). I also learnt that people select the live lobster from the tank they like and ask for it to be cooked according to their requirements and obviously, those lobsters sell at greater prices.

Thankfully, we were seated far away from the tank. We were given the menu card. I ran through the available menu and was disappoined to find no vegetarian dishes (Now was'nt that obvious?!). I directly turned the pages to the desserts section. They had five varieties of desserts. No points for guessing how many we ordered. :P Well, I did'nt want to load up on too much of fat and cholesterol (Remember, I'm going to meet my folks in a few weeks' time?!). So we ordered two salads with ranch dressing. As if the tons of fat in the ranch was'nt enough, we ordered a Chocolate Wave dessert (Chocolate cake and Vanilla icecream with a generous serving of caramel and nuts - Fat and cholesterol for the next 30 days guranateed in there!). The salad itself was filling, and we barely managed to finish the dessert. Once we were done, the server got us the check. We did'nt even bother to see the amount and gave her the $25 worth gift coupon. She swiped the card and I guess she got back about $12. With a touch of aristocracy, we asked her to keep the rest of the money as tip. She was really happy and we were happy too, that we had made her day (Who else do you think would give 50% of the bill amount as tip?!). :) Anyway, that was our Red Lobster experience....

Brainwave: TIP stands for Thanks for Insuring Promptness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

500 rupees as a tip??? Aiyo Aiyo Aiyo Aiyaiyooooo!!!!

11/24/2005  
Blogger Third Eye said...

yevan kaaso... gift coupn thaan... yenn adichikkare?!

11/24/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.cutebrain.blogspot.com