Shakespeare Rocks!

It has been nine years, yes, nine years, ladies and gentlemen, since I read a Shakespeare novel. The last one being 'As You Like It', a dynamic comedy with lively characters. This was a part of my English text for my 10th standard board exams. My English teacher was Miss. Rosamma, born and raised in Mallu-land. Yeah, you guessed it right. Her accent was so full of Malayalam that I could SIMBLY not understand what was being taught in English classes. Added to the torture of Shakespearean English! I never enjoyed reading the novel and barely managed to pass the exam. After the bad experience, never have I taken interest to read any Shakespearean novels.
Recently, I am into Shakespeare novels and plays especially after the start of the Colorado Shakespeare festival here in Boulder, CO. I dont know if I should owe it to the CO air but I have been totally obsessed with these plays. Just yesterday, we watched 'As You Like It' in CU campus at the open theatre. The play was very well directed and the actors were simbly err.. simply excellent. There was no flaw in their gesticulation nor delivery of dialogue. The woman who played the Rosalind/Ganymede characters did a great job. The theatre was full and the audience comprised of youngsters and elderly people alike. Even though the play spanned a full two and a half hours, it was so captivating that we didnt feel bored a single minute!
Recently, I am into Shakespeare novels and plays especially after the start of the Colorado Shakespeare festival here in Boulder, CO. I dont know if I should owe it to the CO air but I have been totally obsessed with these plays. Just yesterday, we watched 'As You Like It' in CU campus at the open theatre. The play was very well directed and the actors were simbly err.. simply excellent. There was no flaw in their gesticulation nor delivery of dialogue. The woman who played the Rosalind/Ganymede characters did a great job. The theatre was full and the audience comprised of youngsters and elderly people alike. Even though the play spanned a full two and a half hours, it was so captivating that we didnt feel bored a single minute!
For more information, visit Shakespeare festival.
The S festival seemed so rave ....u guyz must have had fun ......
@bebe: oh yeah! it was loads of fun... thinking of going to merchant of venice sometime soon :)