Holy C*** - PART I

Of late, the days have been very warm. Temperatures of 97, 98 F are not unheard of. But last saturday was an exceptionally beautiful day. There were a few drizzles of shower in the late afternoon which helped cool down the place completely. Anand had gone out to run a few errands as I was preparing some chaat and chai for an evening snack. I was just about done when Anand got back home. He pulled me towards the door and said that he had a surprise for me. I was totally excited to check out what he had to show to me, and immediately ran out towards the door with him. I hopped into the car with Anand. My mind was pre-occupied with thoughts for the first few minutes - What could it possibly be? Where is he taking me? Is it a little puppy that he wants to show to me? (yeah, I adore puppies and dogs). All along, I kept asking him if I could get a clue of where he was taking me. I was not dressed in good clothes. Worse, I had not worn my shoes and I was hoping I wouldn't bump into someone I know. But all he would disclose was that we were not going too far away from home, so we should be okay.
We had just passed two streets from home, when Anand turned into a cul-de-sac and parked the car. In my mind, I was like "Okay, so this is a residential area. Whats the big idea of brining me here". He said "There's something in here which I would like you to see". We jumped outta car, he held me by my hands and walked me to an open land. He asked me to keep my eyes closed until I was asked not to. And then we stopped walking and he asked me to open my eyes. And Lo! What did I see? It was one of the most spectacular rainbows I had ever seen. Yes, it was HUGE, beautiful, colorful and eye-catchy. I was agape and wonderstruck at whether this was a real rainbow. Truly, Nature was at its best that day. The whole place looked like it was lifted from Heaven. The land was full of small plants with beautiful flowers strewn all over. Holy C***, that was really a paradise!!
...Continued in Part II